Garden Tasks for September
- Plant tomato, pepper, eggplant, etc. plants suitable for fall growing.
- Plant seeds out in the garden for squash, cucumbers, etc.
- Plant cole crops such as broccoli, cabbage and kale.
- Set out beets, broccoli, carrots, lettuce and any other cool-season crops you started indoors in August
- Feed your lawn area by applying corn gluten. It has the the added benefit of preventing the germination of all seeds including the emergence of grassy winter weeds.
- Bring extra plants for the OOGA green table.
- Come to OOGA on the 23rd and bring a friend.