Garden Tasks for August
- Plant fall tomato, pepper, eggplant, etc. plants in the garden.
- Plant seeds out in the garden for fall crops such as summer squash, greens, radishes, etc.
- Weed, weed, weed!
- Beets, broccoli, carrots, lettuce and any other cool-season crops can be started from seed in containers to be planted in cooler weather next month.
- Divide and replant spring blooming perennials like irises, peonies, daisies and daylilies.
- Keep all seeds and plants well irrigated and shaded if needed.
- Feed and water chrysanthemums to try for fall bloom.
- Bring extra plants for the OOGA green table.
- Come to OOGA on th 26th and bring a friend.